HybridZ

RB25 ECU's and harness's: what works with what?

rayaapp2

I have run into an interesting situation where I know I can retrofit an RB25det S2 harness to my NEO engine, but Im running a manual transmission and since my NEO ECU and harness is basically scrap after some testing the seller is offering me a  Series 2 ECU and harness. The catch is that the ECU and harness are from an S2 AWD automatic R33.

Ive never seen or dealt with the AWD or Automatic harness's for anything but the NEO.

The NEO incorporates the TCM into the ECU. The FSM that I have mentions very little about a TCM, but I do not see any automatic control wiring at the ECU harness diagrams. Im hoping that means its all separate and I can just run with it changing out my TPS, and a few other random sensors for the S2 ones off the NEO engine. I know the sub harness's like the injectors, and coils plug and play. I have a working S2 manual harness here to compare with.

Im sure I will hit some walls doing this, but starting with a fresh harness and ECU is best at this point. I might have a working ECU, but the harness an ECU connector have been mangled pretty bad.

Thanks for your input in advance guys.

• 9 months later...