HybridZ

LS 240z chamelion

Holy shift! This thing is a handful. Still on street tires and the car is super tail happy (used to push like a dozer). Had a national champion drive it and he had me soften rear shocks to 2 and drop tire pressure to 24. Front shocks are on 3 and 30 psi in front tires. I can at least keep it on the track now. I'm running in third gear in order to keep car pointed straight ahead. Got a noise warning when pro drove it. He was in 2d and was good enough to wrap it up on the straights. Thired gear is helping with the sound too. It was not this twitchy last month but I had some compression braking programmed in and that may be inducing lots of trailing oversteer. With the L24 I used to floor this thing regularly without concern. Not anymore. Next tune change is to slow the go pedal down some.

Holy shift! This thing is a handful. Still on street tires and the car is super tail happy (used to push like a dozer). Had a national champion drive it and he had me soften rear shocks to 2 and drop tire pressure to 24. Front shocks are on 3 and 30 psi in front tires. I can at least keep it on the track now. I'm running in third gear in order to keep car pointed straight ahead. Got a noise warning when pro drove it. He was in 2d and was good enough to wrap it up on the straights. Thired gear is helping with the sound too. It was not this twitchy last month but I had some compression braking programmed in and that may be inducing lots of trailing oversteer. With the L24 I used to floor this thing regularly without concern. Not anymore. Next tune change is to slow the go pedal down some.

^^^^Is this in street/autocross mode or drag?

This is autocross.  The LS swap has transformed this car from an autocross/street that drag races some to a drag/street car that autocrosses some.  I had a lot less trouble keeping the car on course last month.  The changes that have been made since then were just in the tune to allow more compression braking.  I'm not sure if the tuner also increased my throttle pedal linearity-he did comment to me that it is set at 100% fast.  That combination of changes may be making car more abrupt and harder for me (pretty novice autocrosser) to handle.  This was an asphalt course, the last one was concrete.  Maybe I just had too much coffee or got too cocky.