HybridZ

What Wires

Daz

Right Rear and front turn signal works all flash when hazards is on. Not sure about the front or rear side markers, the front pass side works. I suppose I can measure for voltage for the driverside.

Edited by Daz

It is IMPORTANT to get very specific when trying headlights and turn signal lights in order to troubleshoot what may be wrong with the electrical system.  When you turn on the flashers, do both of the front and rear turn signals flash?  Check all that flash and report each and every one that flashes.  Turn the flashers off and try left and right signal lights and tell us just exactly which ones flash.  More than likely you have a BAD turn signal switch in the left hand position.  Go to classicz Internet site and get ahold of the fellow in Washington State who repairs those switches and has a Mod that installs relays and harness for same to preserve the turn signal switches AFTER having them repaired.  As for the power feed to the internal fuse panel, there is a heavy gauge wire likely from a fuseable link to the fuse panel.  The other wires to the starter are the real heavy cable positive from the battery to the heavy post on the solenoid of the starter.  This post will have another wire on it to a fuseable link wire and then likely to a heavier gauge white wire to the internal fuse panel.  The other lighter gauge wire for the starter is the momentary starter engage +12 volt wire from the ignition switch.  The fuseable link can be eliminated and a 4 place heavy fuse panel mounted near the starter.  Then a 100+ ampere heavy fuse can be used on the 4 place fuse panel for the alternator heavy gauge cable which charges up the battery.  The common terminal of the 4 place heavy fuse panel jumpers to the heavy gauge cable post on the starter.  The heavy cable from the alternator then goes to the 100+ fuse in the fuse panel.  Then use another 40 or 60 ampere fuse in the same panel to feed the white wire going to the internal fuse panel.  The fuseable link can be done away with as the 40 or 60 amp fuse serves the same purpose.  The only other wire the alternator needs is the excitation wire supplying power to the alternator such that it in turn can generate much more power to charge the battery.  Let us know what other questions that you may have.

When I turn on the Hazards both rear lights flash, I don't have the rear side markers installed but I could check for voltage there. Both the right front side marker(I don't have the driverside installed but a simple voltage check will confirm its operation) and both turn signals flash also. The only light not working is the driverside headlight(confirmed by connecting the right headlight in the left and also checking for voltage at the plug). I was planning on replacing my turn signal sw because  the part that contacts the back of the steering wheel broke. Do you have pics of your fuseable link set up ? Thanks for the info !

Ok, I got all my lights working except driver's headlight(I haven't really check it out yet). Turn signals work with indication on my speedhut gauge, hazards work, brake lights, dash lights, etc.

So now I want to move on to the blower motor. My thought is to have it as an alternate way of cooling the engine if overheating occurs(plus to keep me warm in the winter). The wiring on that side of the car is so confusing and crazy. I don't think I need any of it except Hazard and blower motor.