HybridZ

MS2 controlling MSD 6A

skirkland1980

I'm trying to eliminate my spark blowout with an MSD 6A box. Can megasquirt send a proper signal to fire the MSD box? It appears that the new MSD boxes are now digital. I found these instructions http://www.megamanual.com/ms2/msd6a.htm So I just connect the white wire from the MSD box to pin 36 of the DB37? Is that it? Will I still have control over ignition timimg? Thanks

I'm using D14 to a 330 ohm resistor to the bip373 to a single coil. I guess I will have to change dwell in the ini file. Is that tricky? Also I already ordered the custom trigger disk for the L28ET that you sell. Can I still use it with a single coil? Will it make any difference? I will not be using wasted spark at this time. Thanks

That should be fine. With Extra code, which you seem to be running, you do not need to change the INI file. Just set the dwell to fixed duty, 50%.

Our trigger disc will work fine with a single coil and give more accuracy than the MS2 supports with the stock distributor.