HybridZ

Need help on which gearbox to choose??

C33Laurel

I currently have a Nissan c33 Laurel, which has a 25det with about 450 hp. I'm currently turning it Into a dedicated drift car and have a blown 20det gearbox in it due to the yoke on the driveshaft has been ground out and was leaking all the oil out hense the blown gearbox. I'm looking at gearboxes and 20det ones are about $400-$600, and 25det conversions are about $1800. I've also heard that you can put straight cut gears into a 20det box to make as strong as a 25det box for about $1200. Just need help on any opinions on what type of gearbox I should get?:)

The RB20DET box is internally identical to the KA24DE and SR20DET gearboxes. Nothing special about it at all. The RB25DET gearbox is the same as the Z32 and late Z31T gearboxes, and is much stronger.

It's all in how many times you want to change gearboxes...going to straight cut gears isn't going to increase the strength of the tailshaft splines, which you already tore up, nor will it save the front countershaft bearing from exploding, which is the normal death method of these gearboxes.