HybridZ

Update on Defcon .. JohnC how is it coming along ?

Guest SpudZ

Guest SpudZ

Hey John,

Any updates on how your engine and car are coming along ... Looked at theOTC page

and it is coming up fast. I also checked the two SCCA Solo events in SoCal and didn't

see you on it. I did notice that Vic Sias was in Streetmod driving a BMW and not his Z.

73' 240 waiting for a job and mods

Coeur d' Alene , ID

Last Thursday I called Sunbelt. Lee answered the phone. I asked how things were going and his reply, "Well, I have one of your pistons in my hand, but, other than that, things are going great!"

"Oh God..." was my response.

Turns out cam design #3 had the valves a bit too close to the pistons - more from valve timing changes than lift. Dale has to machine a bit more relief in the top of the JE pistons. Talked with Jim early yesterday morning and the engine's back together, on the dyno, and he promises that it will be on the truck first of next week (April Fool's Day.)

C&R is building the radiator as I type, ATL is building the fuel cell, scca Mike just got me my rear calipers, and BBS is building me two sets of wheels (whole 'nuther story aobut the Monocoques I had built.)

The Thrash has started.

Guest SpudZ

John,

At least Sunbelt didn't send you back a L6 time bomb. Sounds like

they are doing an awesome job with your motor.

I guess it is down to crunch time now. Funny how you think you have

plenty of time until things are in other peoples hands.

What happened to your 15" x 8" Monocoques that were on the car ? I guess

you are going with a bigger wheel and tire combo with your new found Horsepower.

Mike

73" 240 L28 with SU's

Coeur d' Alene, ID