HybridZ

Drivability nightmears

Ok i have a 77 280z with a l28e (stock as far as i can tell). in the 2 years ive own the car its only been drivin 20miles top. not because i dont drive it. manly its just vary unreliable. any way i just got the car started after having it apart for the last 6 months gas tank rusted from the inside sent it out had it cleaned up. finialy got around putting it in. so i primed the pump and the fule rail using my power probe to keep the battery from dying. it started struggled a lil at first but then ran aout as good as i was expecting it to. now after running for about 10-15min when i went to rev it a lil the engine started to back fire. pop and eventaly die. went to start it back up it would barly idle misfire and die again. then it woulden do nothin not even crank. (found loose + cable) got it to start again and i hear a faint vacuume leak that gets louder as the engine reves up. i fount my intake elbow dry and spit open. i currently cannot find that elbow so for now im taping it up to see if it will run better. my question is i would like to eliminate as many vacuume lines as i can if possible. so if some one can send me a link to what i can delete and what needs to stay. and how exactly sensitive is that aif flow meter to vacuume leaks. note i still have many more problems but i just want the engine to run smooth for now. 

The AFM is sensitive to vacuum leaks, your car will not run properly with them. You can tape up the elbow (I did) and that should hold fine. As far as eliminating vacuum lines, I wouldn't. They all go somewhere and serve a purpose (on stock ecu).

Now that I answered your question, I would recommend to you to improve your grammar. I don't mean to be condescending but it's taken seriously on this forum.

Edited by 78zstyle