HybridZ

Cam timing question.

J Taylor

If for some reason my car has jumped time and the cam timing is now off could this cause the vacuum to be low as well. My boost gauge is only reading like 11 vacuum at idle. It used to read 15 or so after I put the ported head and crane cam in. When I started having this problem with it it was reading only 11. I cannot find a vacuum leak anywhere and have checked everything I can think of. It seems to be acting the same way my 84 300zx turbo did when the timing belt was off a tooth. It had a bad idle and busted up bad when making any boost. I was second guessing myself when I put the timing chain on this time and I am thinking this may be my problem. Ideas?

Thanks,

JT

Well **** , so much for that theory. LOL. Timing lines up perfect. I'm starting to think I'm just **** out of luck. If I knew it was somewhere in the FI part of the electrical I would go ahead and get a fuel management system which I am going to do anyway. I would just really hate to do that if that's not the problem b/c then I am adding more stuff to mess with on top of the original problem. Grrr. What a pain.

JT