HybridZ

280Z ZXT swap

awd92gsx

Is there an FAQ on this anywhere? The swap looks pretty straightforward, but I'm under the impression that there are something like 7 wires that need to be spliced into the ZXT harness, I don't have the electrical manuals for either the '83 or my '77, so I was wondering if somebody has it documented already online. ???

My web page has a bit of wiring:

http://www.zhome.com/~aktar/zcar/73/turbofi/

The plug with the yellow, and yellow white wires has 2 sets, and one of the sets is not used by the ECU.. I need to draw a picture of how to differ from the two sets. It would help you a lot if you got a 280ZX haynes book. What I did was photo copy the chassis wiring diagram, then taped them together.

Keep in mind that the H2O sensors are not used by the ECU.. I didn't use the EGR, or the air bypass wires. Also, I did not use the fuel pump modulating system, and just hooked the fuel pump to come on while cranking and while in the on possition.

Guest EXplicit

hey Tony do I need the second green relay under the pasenger side dash or can i just cut it out...I didnt see it metioned in your post hail.gif -thanks