HybridZ

Front side markers dont work

Car is a 78 280z. First off I had a problem with my front low beams not working so I grounded the red black wire according to the youtube vid  (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW5vTG8802U) and that fixed my low beams. My front side marker lights were also not working so I tried to splice into the ground wire of the side markers and attached it to a body ground(just like the headlight fix) and the side markers still dont work and the red black spliced wire(headlight) is getting hot to the touch. Rear side markers work fine. I disconnected the side markers spliced wire (which is a black ground wire according to the fsm) to the chassis ground and the red black wire cooled off. Any idea whats going on here. When I ground out the side marker "ground" wire I heat up the headlight wire. Hope that made sense.

Thanks

Rick

Sorted out the problem. The green and white wire which provides 12v to the side markers, turn signal and horn was broken off i the wiring loom. Also fixed the red black headlight ground which was heating up by using a bigger gauge wire. The previous gauge wire i used was much too small to provided a good ground. Thanks.

Rick