HybridZ

Went back to the track last night

Went back to track last night. Entered in the Stock block competition. Jerry replaced the cv axles and put it back the way it was with the slicks. Made a shakdown pass and engine was poping on the other end. Pulled some plugs, checked fueil pressure etc. Did not data log that pass, Went to make another pass and was stopped and backed up from the bunout box, leaking fluid. Later found out a fuel line feeding the passenger side fuel rail had development a hole and was pushing out fuel. Replaced fuel line. Did not have time for another pass before competition. Won our 1st round, off our et by 3 to 4 10ths. Cooled it down and getting ready for our second round drew cards abd we had to get the card matched up against a camero bid turbo, big tire car running alky. I think he was the fasted of the cars. Well Jerry cut another good light but had to let out of it at the end, engine breakign up poping. Probably some bad plugs on the passenger side due to being lean from fuel line problem.

Hats off to my brother for excelent driving and almost perfect R/T he was cutting down tree on the pro tree.

Below is the video on youtube.

http://youtu.be/5Ifl0ukt1Ko

John

Fastest car wins, no bracket, havve to have a stock production block, the faster cars had the LS engine blocks newer model that the Chevy v8 gen 1 block like we are using. Lauching of off two step transbrake, driver has to release transbrake button in order to launch. We are Not using a delay box.

John

We had a GREAT time at the track,The first pass I tried to launch the car at 3000 rpm not using the bump box, it turtled out to about 60' then it started making power. The next two passes, I prestaged brought the rpm up to 3800rpm (which is the normal launch setting) and used the bump box ( Davis Technolgy ) to turn the second bulb, on it makes the car jump hard, and then let the transbreak button go.We were down about 100hp. I did a compression check yesterday and all is good, then installed new plugs. I will take it to the Dyno next week to try out a couple of ideas.