HybridZ

Recent exhaust popping noise...(75 280z)

So I just noticed that when my Z idles down from 3000-800 their's a couple pops noise coming out of the exhaust...

No black smoke coming out or when it pops...I was reading about this issue on the Zcar forum someone said it maybe caused by the fuel injectors..

Last week I had 2 injectors leaking fuel noticed a strong fuel smell sometimes on cold start..So I checked the fuel injector clamps on the 2 and they weren't tighten down all the way so I screwed them down and haven't had a issue since.

The idle tho has been kinda fickle lately... most of the time it idles around 800 but the other day after running it for 40 minutes the car was idling around 1500rpm. I adjusted the screw to set it back to 800 and haven't run into that issue again

Tho weird thing is after doing that idle adjustment, the car starts up and idles at 800rpm, not the 1000rpm like it used to on a cold start..

Wires and plugs are all new and from what I was told by the last owner the injectors have been changed..

Also off topic does anyone have a issue with there speedometer kinda wobble while driving like floating up and down?

Edited by Zmanj87

When I first read this my initial thoughts were...

Check the bcdd valve, if youre still using the stock l28e throttle body.

Also check to make sure your throttle body dashpot is correctly functioning.

May or may not be your problem. But thats where I would start after eliminating all the basic

troubleshooting.

And the speedo wobble comes from the speedometer cable. Sometimes you can get lucky and spray the transmission side of the cable with lubicant; that steadied mine quite a bit. Definitely going gps soon though.