HybridZ

How to mod OE temp sender , S30 and S130 , for LSx .

After hours of searching through catalogs to find a temp sender that has similar resistance reading to use on my LS conversions . Found some that has the resistance range but gauge reading is a little off , not bad . But I like the OE reading , so this is how I mod OE temp to work with LS .

Put some threads on sensor end . 12mm x 1.5

post-11413-0-86875700-1377523352_thumb.jpg

Filed 2 flat surfaces for 12mm wrench .

post-11413-0-14282200-1377523418_thumb.jpg

An O-ring and some liquid Teflon .

post-11413-0-90216400-1377526604_thumb.jpg

Install and enjoy .

post-11413-0-13154400-1377526915_thumb.jpg

Make sure to check continuity between sensor body and head . Too much Teflon will insulate the sensor .

Dom, is this to hook up to the factory gauge? Do you still run the LS sensor to the ecu to control your fans?

Yes , it's for fact gauge . You must use LS CTS for the ECM which mounts on driver side head .

Edited by Domzs

Sorry, I'm asking questions without looking for myself but I'm away from my car right now.

LOL . On the right side ( passenger ) head , there's a plug on the rear ( near the last exh. manifold bolt ) which is the same hole where you put the LS CTS if you were to swap the heads .

I think you need to keep the factory temp sender to send temp info to the PcM for fan control. JCI includes an adapter to use the Datsun temp sender (although you gotta CAREFULLY sand it down a bit to fit). I kept the Datsun gauge, but I used a sharpie marker on the face to show me the typical temp. If the needle is above that line, it's hot! If I could do it over (which I can), I would do all aftermarket gauges, I just didn't want to get bogged down throwing my back out under the dash.

I think you need to keep the factory temp sender to send temp info to the PcM for fan control. JCI includes an adapter to use the Datsun temp sender (although you gotta CAREFULLY sand it down a bit to fit). I kept the Datsun gauge, but I used a sharpie marker on the face to show me the typical temp. If the needle is above that line, it's hot! If I could do it over (which I can), I would do all aftermarket gauges, I just didn't want to get bogged down throwing my back out under the dash.

The sender ( S30 or S130 ) is for fact. gauge only , it's not to take place of LS CTS  . With mod. , you don't need any adapter or fitting . It goes directly to the rear of right cylinder head .