HybridZ

2 step rev limiter launch control

Hey guys, one thing I've always wanted to do is a 2 step launch control rev limiter but I've never heard of it done on a Z with the stock ignition setup. Has anyone went about doing this? What part(s) did you use? Did you wire the launch control to a clutch pedal switch or a momentary switch on the shift knob, or similar? I don't mind converting to MSD or what have you as long as I'm not paying $500+ to do it. I'd like to keep it all under $200. I don't mind buying used parts if someones selling their setup (this isn't a wanted add I'm just putting this out there while I'm putting up the questions). 

Thanks guys!

I have done this with my LS2-MSD makes a slick little kit especially for LS motors.  I think you would want to get an old-school MSD ignition kit working on your car first.  Do your research and figure out what kit includes a 2-step function.  I have a switch mounted on my pedals that turns off the two step when my clutch is fully released, so that I control rpm thru the clutch engagement period from all the way in to all the way out.  Then the throttle goes all the way open.  My kit doesn't limit throttle, it causes a random miss that holds the rpm down.  You should also plan on installing a roll-control system-lots of fun burning tires and making smoke!  By using the 2-step I can adjust launch rpm to track traction conditions.  Lots of VHT lets me turn up the rpm to as much as 4500rpm, but with no VHT I have to turn it down to 3000rpm.