HybridZ

Car cutting out at 3000 rpm...NEED HELP PLEASE

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Car idles fine and revs up to 3000 rpm's just fine but it doesnt go any higher at all. I looked at the spark and it was red, doesnt the red spark signify that the spark is weak, and the spark should be blue? I have SU carbs on an L28 that is stock except for a header. I really have no idea why this could be happening. It also backfires through the carbureators at WOT. I timed it by ear and it doesnt sound too far advanced or retarded. If anyone could please help me because ive been working my ass off to get it running for graduation.

Thanks

Lance

I would strap a timing light on it and make sure the timing is right.

Have you pulled a plug and looked at it to see what it looks like? Make sure your float levels are right, and then richen up like Lone suggested.

I would also check the condition of the plug wires, cap and rotor. Make sure your plugs are not gapped to wide also.

Guest Anonymous
Originally posted by Lockjaw:

I would also check the condition of the plug wires, cap and rotor. Make sure your plugs are not gapped to wide also.

Good Idea Lockjaw. While your doing that you also might wanna check for excessive play in the distributor shaft, and if your coil is operating correctly just to be on the safe side.