HybridZ

73 240z Aftermarket fuel pump and starter wiring.

mr_han_solo

Hello,

I purchased my first Z car yesterday and while it may be kind of rough, the guy told me that it was running when he parked it. Unfortunately that was two years ago and it looks like he cut the cables when he took the battery out, or the battery was stolen and all of the cables were cut. I installed new terminals today and I am just trying to see if I can get the car to start. Unfortunately, it looks like the car was replaced with an after market electric fuel pump and I have no idea how it’s supposed to work. I have some questions and my hypothesis, and I have presented it with pictures and a diagram. I am just wanting some conformation that what I am presenting is correct or some suggestions if I am wrong.

First under the dash:

incar.jpg

As you can see there is a switch to turn the electric pump on and off. The red wire going outside the car is A, whole the other switch wire goes into the console.

Now onto the engine bay:
engine.jpg
Here you can see where A comes up and has been cut off. My hypothesis is that it needs to be wired onto A? which goes into the fuel pump. B? Is the black wire from the fuel pump and I'm guessing it gets screwed onto the body as a ground.

Now I will ask about the fuel lines. 1 comes from a steel line on the frame rail and my guess is that it goes into the fuel pump. Line 2 out of the fuel pump should go to line 3 which goes to the regulator. From the regulator line 3 goes into another steel line which goes to the carbs. Line 4 is the return line from the carbs and goes back into another steel line on the frame rail. Just wanting to make sure all of this is correct.

Now onto the starter:
starter.jpg
Here you can see the + and - Battery cables I'm guessing that ?2 is the red line from the switch that went into the console and dash. I suppose it should be wired directly to the battery.

I have no idea what the connector ?1 is. I was hoping someone here could fill me in on it and tell me if there is anything else I need to hook up to get the car going.

Thanks,

Han