HybridZ

fuel pump relay

all right guys finally got my tank back in the caricon1.png went to start it and...

got the pump to cycle, turned the key and it almost started.

turn the key again and no fuel pump cyclingicon1.png!!

keep in mind that the car was running before i dropped and cleaned the tank...like crap but it still ran.

i found that one way to check if it was the relay was to turn the key to the on postion and then open the flapper in the air flow center..did that and all i hear is a click, no fuel pump cycling

bad relay right?

the pump was replaced before i bought it and the car ran fine when he started it for me, so i'm guessing relay.

i've already found the relay in the drivers side, but now i'm trying to find a replacement and cant!!

is there an upgrade for these? where can i find an oem unit?

thanks for your help!

How do you know it is the relay? Did you check your fuel pump if it is still in working condition? Did you air your fuel line and return line to clean it ? Fuel damper stuck? ect.... Did you change your fuel filter?  

Use battery to test your fuel pump. I think when you hear click then the relay is working , if no click then no work ??

Edited by 9rider

well i know its not the fuel pump, runs just fine. fuel lines push out plenty of fuel and ive changed the filter because i cleaned the tank, and the old one sounded like a baby rattle. fuel damper? i'm guessing thats not the issue seeing plenty of fuel shoots out from it.

either a wire is touching metal or the relay is out...seems to be the old options left...

unless anyone has other ideas?