HybridZ

oil cooler sandwich plate

AZGhost623

Is there a universal following for IN/OUT on the sandwich adapter that goes on the block? I have a universal one, and its not marked nor were their any instructions. Not sure if it matters or not. This is what I purchased for reference.

http://www.amazon.com/Godspeed-Universal-Quality-Stainless-Braided/dp/B009KALA78/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1381025034&sr=8-3&keywords=godspeed+oil+cooler

Edited by AZGhost623

You can tell which port is in and which is out on the sandwich plate adapter. Without taking a look at mine, the port that leads to the side of the adapter that faces the block (OUT)is takeing hot dirty oil away from the engine and the other port (IN) is returning the cooler dirty oil to the filter to be cleaned before circulating through the engine. As far as the connection at the cooler itself, it doesn't matter unless a flow direction is indicated.

I just went through this during connection of my (err.. Mike's) Accusump

On mine the adapter hose ports point straight up and the rear one was out and marked with an arrow on the side of the housing. The in was towards front of the car. Since I was installing a check valve I needed to be sure and with hose and ignition off I cranked the engine to be sure..

Tj