HybridZ

cylinder head temperature sensor Mod!

David K

Use a water temp sensor as the '79 (and earlier L28s) had. It's located in the thermostat housing on these earlier heads. Just splice it into the harness for the cyl head temp (your '81 connector won't reach to the thermostat hsg). The thermistors are the same, you'll be inputing very similar values (water temp vs cyl head temp) and the ECU probably won't know the difference.

Don't put the sensor in the intake manifold! DAW

hey guys im using a head off a 79 and it doesnt have the head temp sensor. problem is that im running an 81 ecu and it needs to read the temp. can i take the head sensor i have from another head laying around and screw it in the intake manifold and get almost the same readings fromt here as i would get from the head? thanks guys.

Too eratic. Matching the cyl head/water temp input modification to modification of the temp sensor for the AFM can increase richness through out the rpm range if it's needed, but this technique is for small amounts of extra fuel and not for load-based (turbo) tuning. DAW

ok forget the sensor stuff. i searched the garage today and found some brown top injectors and replaced the ones on my motor with those. turns out i had 2 lame injectors, thats why it was running like it had bad readings from the temp sensor. cheers!