HybridZ

600 miles round trip, what should I have to check before I go?

I made it down to LA. Stopped 2 times on the road to get gas. pumped $20 each time ( my meter hadn't fixed). Nothing happened beside gas pedal stick. I stopped at my first stop sign in LA area to see my RPM at 2000 , yes I could hear the engine rev up at 2000 ( the RPM meter doing it job). Pumped at the pedal couple times and saw RPM dropping down to 700~800 ( normal). Drove up to next stop light and it did exactly the same thing, 2500 RPM ... I think my TPS bad or one of the injector bad. I am getting so high right now from all the fume , for X safe , my wife passed out sleeping after nagging me the rest 2 hours , where the traffic get slow and we could smell all the gas from my unfinished exhaust pipe.

Any suggestion about the sticking RPM?? Thanks guys

Found that the sticking RPm because of my home made TPS cap. It didn't have enough clearance, somehow it shrunk down and stick with the flap of TPS. Car ran like horse, doing 80 at 3700 RPM ( 4 speeds). Stopped on the way back to Bishop to remove my rear wheel spacers  I have all 4 spacers 1.25" installed couple months ago when I did the fender flare.

It happened because I bought about 120 lbs of stuffs, put in the back, didn't notice anything until hitting curve and dip section of 395 that the rear end eating my tires from the stock fender . I didn't cut the stock fender up when installed the flare, i thought i will cut it before lower the car and get thing ready for paint.

Anyway, it is a fun trip and getting a lot of comments comparing driving my buddy's Sti Subbie.