HybridZ

Mid throttle "power" loss.

Hello all, I have been searching the forums but have not found the exact answer I was looking for. I have a 1977 280z, EFI. I was driving today in fourth gear, then, all of a sudden, the power dropped off. I don't mean that all electrical power in the car was lost, but the engine went dead silent. The car was still in gear, and my foot still had the throttle at about 30% open. The car is currently open headers so I definitely know that it wasn't firing on any of the cylinders. Then after a few seconds,the engine will pop and crackle, and power will pick back up again. Recently it has happened once or twice every 10 miles or so. It is not always fourth gear, sometimes third as well.

I was thinking that it may pull a bit of air in the fuel line when it sloshes or something?

Or maybe it could be time for new wires/ ignitor/ distributor rotor? (I have no idea when they were last replaced)

No idea if this is related:

-While driving the volts read at about 13-14, but when at a red light with my foot on the brake, the voltmeter will SOMETIMES bottom out. The car will still be running fine but the needle will go as low as possible on the gauge.

Thanks for any responses in advance!