HybridZ

GM auto trans adapter for L6?

Guest Tom Scala

Guest Tom Scala

I've heard of people running GM turbo transmissions on L6 motors but does anyone offer an adapter plate or are they all custom made? I know the Starion trans swap has been documented but a nicely built 700R4 with a 4000 stall convertor with lockup would be great for a turbo car,and would probably last forever. Besides try finding a 80's model foreign transmission here in the midwest,it isn't easy. A properly setup auto trans/convertor would probably knock off .3 to .5 in the 1/4 mile over a stick and make the car a bracket racers' delight with consistent launches & times.

Not sure if one already exists, but if there was enough interest I am sure Kennedy Engineered Products (KEP) could design it and stamp out a batch. http://www.kennedyeng.com/

You would then need a custom converter that would probably be made from the flywheel side of a Nissan unit and the remainder of a GM. Would not be "cheap", but if you are looking to go quick, how much would .5 with consistency cost and how much breakage would you be avoiding?