HybridZ

Slim hub with quick release wheel

Rob L

Hey guys i have done lots of searching but cant find it......i have a nardi wheel and i purchased the regular boss hub to fit the wheel to my car........well now im looking for a slim hub(half the size)...and a works bell quick release......i just dont know what the part numbers are and who to order it from....i have found many places that sell these items but nothing that is specfic to my 74 datsun 260z.....please anybody with this info can you pass it along...thanks in advance.

If Im understanding you correctly, if all you are looking for is the slim quick release and are going to use it with the boss hub+Nardi wheel then all you need is the standard quick release, it doesnt have to be car specific since the Boss hub is and the quick release goes between the hub and the wheel, heres the one Im using with my momo 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NRG-6-HOLE-STEERING-WHEEL-THIN-SLIM-BLACK-QUICK-RELEASE-HUB-ADAPTER-SRK-400BK-/110936984048?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19d45c09f0

^^^You da man......how long have you had the NRG quick release for ....i was gonna go works bell as i have been researching and some findings are coming up that all quick releases are just reversed engineered works bell releases and that they all will develop play in them after some use......play in a steeering wheel is something i would like to avoid !

honeslty havent put more than a couple miles on it since I installed it but as of now its rock solid. If it gets sloppy after a while I guess I'll use something else but its not my daily so it moight not ever come up for me, how much are the bell ones? 

I've had an NRG slim quick release installed for more than a couple of years now. No issues with it. It still feels tight. I love being able to pop the wheel off when I'm working under the dash (seems to happen more than I would have guessed :icon10:). I had to make a 1/8" spacer ring to go between it and my Momo hub adapter though. The release ring was dragging on the rubber boot of the Momo adapter, making it hard to turn.

Nigel

• 3 weeks later...