HybridZ

S30 260z FI/ Turbo swap

Gus

Hey everyone long time lurker first time posting. Little bit of background about myself. I’ve had several turbo Z31’s in the past, turbo acuras and a Turbo neon running MS. I have always wanted a S30 and finally found one and picked it up. The car came from California and is rust free which is great since everything is rusted out here in Ohio.

The car is a 74 260z with a 4 speed and originally I was going to drop a 4.8 or 5.3 into it. I have a 4.8 in my truck that I have cam’d, tuned, gears and it runs REALLY good for a giant truck. I’m having a hard time finding a manual trans in a decent price range for the LS so I considered keeping the L6 in it with a turbo. I’m not trying to build a rocket but want a really fun street car that should hold its own against the majority of the modern muscle cars and the sound of a inline 6 with a turbo is pretty awesome.

I’ve been searching a 400 mile radius on Craigslist and ebay for an L28et but no luck yet. From what I gather on some of the searches I would need to buy a fuel injected head and then could use the manifolds and a MS set up on my block (built of course). The L280 intake will not bolt to my L26 head due to injector bosses and bolt pattern differences, I’ve looked at just about every swap option and the RB seems pretty expensive, I really don’t want to swap in an SR since it’s only a 4 cyl. I’m looking for some opinions so I can get this project moving.

Thanks for your input and once I start the process I will start a build thread.