HybridZ

Ideal Assembly?

Dat260

Hi everybody

I have an early L26/E88 stock w/72S.U, 4speed, 6into2 21/2 exhaust & stock rear end. A few years ago I reached a top speed of 135mph and got caught by OPP (very expensive ticket). Now the car has been sitting in my garage for four years and I want put it back on the road next summer. I bought a complete L28/N47 stock w/its 5 speed & 40DCOE used, the internal are: Main 30, Aux 4.5, M/J 1.3,A/J 175, EmTube f16, PumpJets 45 & Idle 50f9. My question is what would be the best combination for a faster engine? I insist on using the Webers & can afford little machining work. In terms of brakes & susp. I know what to do although I am weak in the ign. dept. Camshaft advice would be appreciated.

Ps; How expensive is Sunbelt, any example? Thank You. smile.gif

Pss; Mainly street & Highway driving.

Well you choke diameter is to small to do what you want to do, and I hate the f16 emulision tube. I like f11 much better. I would find the biggest choke that goes in the 45, then multiply the choke diameter by 4 to get your beginning main jet size. Add 60 to that for the air corrector. You will also have to go up at least one size on the pump jet, and probably the idle jet as well.

For a cam, you probably want the L490 by isky.

If you got to ask how expensive sunbelt is, you can't afford it. Trust me they be high. They are also slow. Find someone where you are locally that is a very good machinist, get a 3 angle valve job.