HybridZ

Z32 rear suspension conversion into a 78 280z

I am about to try to install a complete 1996 rear suspension into my 78 z anyone know if this has been tried before. I know it will fit inside the wheel wells and looks good for mounting points, hust thought I would put this out there before I get started. I also want to do the same for the front.

The reason i want to do the sub frame is I am using a RB25det and want the body as strong as possible so i don't get any twist in the frame. by using the the subframe it ties the rear diff torque to the out side frame rails. then when i add the roll bar it will tie in at the same mount. this is not that big a deal. Plus I am going to use the z32 front suspension and add ABS to this car. I want a modern suspension and stay Nissan.

I suppose if you have the fab skills it would be worth it , otherwise you would be better off just stiffening the chassis with reinforced frame rails/6 point cage/strut tower braces. There are guys running very high horsepower(600-800rwhp which is nutty) s30's with light chassis modification . If you were to go with the T3 rear end kit (utilizes the z32 brakes/diff) I'm sure you could swap over the ABS system. Though alof of road racing guys do not like ABS on their track cars. I'm not a fan either , but I only auto-x my Z. Anyways , good luck!