HybridZ

engine swap help needed

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

hi, i have a 73-240z, and a 77- 280z. both cars complete. im going to swap the 280 motor into the 240z. im planing on using the fuel inj. system. im trying to find out what all has to be done. i know the engine swap is no prob. but what about the wiring. i have the intire wiring harness and ecu. but what do i need to do as far as the fuel pump,injector wiring, ignition wiring, ect...

if you have done this before id apreciate any help you could give me.

thanks, ronpotts@express56.com

p.s. if you know of any web sites that have all the info. please let me know

I am no expert but I believe if you simply add the 280 complete with harness the dist and alt can still be run by the 240 harness, the 280 has 2 harnesses one for the injection and the other for evereything else, as for addl goodies, you'll want the 280 fuel tank as it is fitted with a return line from the fuel rail, you'll also want the return lines themselves or buy some tubing and make your own, the fuel pump is in tank I think ? (not sure) havn't got mine apart that far yet, the wiring to use the fuel pump is already in your car under the passanger seat carpet, the jap model used an electric pump even on the early models, goodluck