HybridZ

New 6-point NHRA roll bar

I had a friend add a gusset in the middle of his 4 point bar to the map light area. Said it stopped all the interior panels creaking in the back end of the car. Just some anecdotal data with a sample size of 1.

Technically that's not a gusset.  Its an additional attachment point and yes, that does help.  I had two from my roll bar in the ROD to the roof structure and it stopped all creaking and "C" pillar cracks.  Sample size is now 2.

John, you tend to get very technical when you are talking to hacks like me, and in the end I often don't understand your real intent or the idea you are trying to convey.  I mean this with all respectfullness, but would you be willing to come down to the "redneck hotrodder" level on the issue of additional attachment points?  I can't really tell whether you are for them or against them.  I know you say they aren't necessary, but are they potentially beneficial?  Would you be willing to give a short discussion of a few sentences or perhaps a paragraph on the subject?  In class, could you discuss how one might most wisely design any said attachments (I don't think we can just look at the current fad of lots of attachments fulll of lightening holes and assume that what looks cool is actually best)?  I was under the impression that in some sanctioning bodies additional attachents were forbidden, yet when I go to the track for sanctioned events and see used race cars for sale on the internet, they seem to have LOTS of additional attachments to the body-cars that have been thru tech inspection that very day!  I respect your opinion, could you be more elaborate on the subject?