HybridZ

I put a 300zx ignition cylinder in my 260z

I had a broken ignition when I bought my car and had been using just the electrical switch in the back if the unit to start the car...
I wanted fix my broken ignition and possibly upgrade it so it could run it on the same key as one of my newer vehicles and I did it. It took a little bit of work but the modified 84-89 300zx Ignition Cylinder slips right into my 260z steering column lock and starts the car. It uses a X123/ DAT13 Keyway like many other mid 80's to late 90's nissans and even some 2000's. 
e2facde4-9bc9-4124-b063-09ae149b5c7b.jpg
Next is the easy part, I plan to set all the door locks to match the same key(key already fits). Still not sure about how to do the rear hatch lock yet...

Advantages:
-8 tumbler key vs 6 tumbler key
-tumbler wafers are larger, thicker and more resistant to tampering
-dual sided cylinder more resistance to shearing and tampering 
-2 retaining pins vs 1 retaining pin
-Annoying Key-In-Door Chime switch does not work with this mod. 

Disadvantages:
-Sticks out 1/4" more than stock on S30 and 1/8" on s130
-Face plate is not the same as factory(purists only)
-Rotation of each key position does not match new face plate (see pic, doesn't bother me too much)
-because the s30/s130 key was designed to rotate farther; the 300zx key can be removed in the 180 degree(run) position. This is not wear or damage, the 300zx cylinder was simply not designed to retain a key past 180 degrees.
-Annoying Key-In-Door Chime switch does not work with this mod.

Here is a pic of it on the vehicle, the extra amount it sticks out (because it has 2 more tumblers) doesn't bother me that much.
300zxIgn.jpg
and here is a comparison on the newer style wafer tumblers to the older ones. See how much thicker they are? Should resist tampering better than the old... 
NewvsOldWafer.jpg

This also fit and worked in my '81 28zx and I happen to have 6 more of these (new) so if anybody wants these fitted to your s30 or s130 Ignition cylinder I can do that for you as well. (or just sell the cyl to a 300zx owner) Then you can take the modified cylinder to a locksmith and have it keyed to the key of your choice.