HybridZ

240z Gas Tank Depth?

Does anyone know the depth of the widest part of the s30 fuel tank from top to bottom is? 10inches? 12inches?

I want to install Aeromotiv phantom in tank fuel pump but the kit requires a depth of no more than 11 inches. anything passed 11 inches wont work.

I was just past the sweet spot. It's like 11.4" internal once you cut the hole on my 260 tank. Luckily, if you, like me, already have the Aeromotive kit they sell an extension kit with longer wires, plumbing, and baffle. It is an extra $162 bucks but there is hope.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/aei-18788/overview/

You will have to do some surgery on the fuel level sensor. The factory unit hits the baffle. I am going Speedhut gauges and a aftermarket fuel sensor pick up.

That or you can cut the top off and weld or just pound it into the right height with a hammer and 2x4.    I'm going to add a Jeep wrangler fuel pump (cuz they're good pumps) into my 78' gas tank, though I'll be modding the top to take the screw on gasket/cap.  the height is adjustable by drilling the housing/cutting and adding screws.  I'm going to use the stock fuel gauge sender.