HybridZ

Exhaust Manifold question & advice

Lotus7

I've been starting to do some work on my 280z Rb26 swap. Many years ago I bought one of these Chinese turbo exhaust manifold.

http://tinyurl.com/myfnv5h  I thought it will fit to the Z. I mounted it and found out my T04 T76 turbo will not fit. If I sit

the T4 turbo, the turbine & compressor housing will hit the valve cover. This manifold has to be modified.

My question is, is there anyone here able to modify this turbo exhaust manifold to work ? 

thank u

You should be able to take it to a reputable local exhaust shop and tell them what you need. Its just stainless welding. They'll probably have to change around some of the runners so that they can get a weld bead all the way around on each runner. But nothing too bad. And it would probably end up being cheaper than shipping it somewhere to be done.

That is a problem I've seen with the aftermarket "off-brand" top mount manifolds. If you're running anything bigger than the stock turbo you may have issues with the valve covers fitting properly. You could always clearance your valve cover. There was a guy (forgot to save the pics) who actually notched his valve cover. I know Big-Phil had to grind some material off of his valve cover to get his GT35 to clear.