HybridZ

Darn Injectors

Guest crawfoth

Guest crawfoth

Okay, here it goes. I have an 80 280ZX. It started running real ruff this morning with a severe loss of power and a harsh idle :eek: . So naturally it is missing. I checked all the plugs, and everything was good. It turns out that the plugs that go into the injectors are in really bad shape cuss.gif . I know that this is at least some of the problem. I know that I am going to snip the plugs off and put regular blade type connectors on them, but I was wondering where is the other end of those wires. I would like to check and see what kind of shape the other end is in, and possibly just run new wires the whole way. Any suggestions?

Using regular spade-type connectors to attach your wiring harness to your injectors sounds like a spectacularly bad idea. You'll forever be wondering if your engine is running rough because there's moisture or corrosion on your connections.

My suggestion (take it for what it's worth) is to grab some good sockets from a junkyard motor and splice them in with waterproof connectors.

Just my .02...

Guest De Schmaydee

....if i am understanding you correctly...the other end of the wires that go to the injectors (ultimately) end up on the plug that goes into the ecu......i just soldered on new sockets......s

Guest crawfoth

Okay, I didn't use the spade connectors. I figured out that would not be that good of an idea. I went to a junkyard and got another set of connectors and found the only one that really seemed bad and I replaced it. The only thing is now the car won't crank at all. The last time that I drove it, it was running real rough and I took it to the guy that I bought it from, asking for suggestions. He is the one that told me about having to clean those connections before. Well on the way there it seemed to just be missing, like it had been for a day or so. When I left there it was running real bad and I could only get it up to an exilirating 20 miles an hour without it trying to stall out on me. I nursed it back to my place killed it and let it sit for 2 days, till I could go to the junkyard and get the new connections. But now it won't start at all. When you first try to crank it, it will try to fire up and turn over a couple of times, then it dies, and that is all you can get out of it. It doesn't seem like it is getting hardly any fuel at all now. I checked the fuel pump (fine) and I am going to check out the filter tommorow. If that doesn't happen to be the problem, do any of you have any suggestions on troubleshooting ideas so that I can figure out what in the hell is wrong with it now? :confused:bonk.gifcuss.gif