HybridZ

Bad Ass Z may live again

I'm borrowing Stony's description of my Z and using it from now on as its title.

My wife said she's tired of me sitting around the house and staring at the walls. She wants me in the garage, where I belong, trying to fix the Z.  

Mack, at Mckinney Motorsports, will help me repair the damage, install new parts and do all necessary welding. I'm in the process of selling my coin collection and some U.S. Savings Bonds to buy a new front clip. Who needs old coins and paper cluttering up the house, anyway.

The first thing will be to upgrade my brakes so no further crashes occurr. And I will always pull my chute immediately after the 3rd run, from now on.

Unfortunately, the reconstruction will take some time but I'm just pleased that I will be able to race again.

Thanks for the encouragement.

A friend was videotaping my 3 runs at Pomona but he shut off the camera after I crossed the finish line and did not record my crash.

And my Go-Pro camera's battery had been depleted prior to the 3rd run negating any in-car footage of the crash. Maye I don't really want to remember my crash.

• 3 weeks later...