HybridZ

"Cold Air induction" install

Guest crawfoth

Guest crawfoth

I have a really quick question for ya. On the factory air filter assembly for an 80 280Z, there are two hoses, one going to the air flow regulator and the other going into a totally seperate unit. I was putting in a K&N cold air intake today and the pipe that comes with it just goes straight into the air flow regulator, so what should I do with the other thing. Should I just plug it or cap it or what? Any help would eb greatly appreciated.

From the air intake side - There should be the air filter box, flexable hose, air flow meter, flexable hose into the throtle body.

Remove the stock air filter box and install the cold air intake to the Frt of air flow meter!

You should end up with - cold air intake, air flow meter, flexable hose, throtle body!

Guest crawfoth

Actually, on the factory setup, it goes, filter box, flexible hose, air flow meter, flexible hose, throttle body..... with another hose coming from the filter box, going into a completely seperate unit (I think that it is some kind of charcoal filter for smog control). This hose is completely seperate from the hoses that go into the air flow meter and throttle body. The unit that it plugs into is situated between the air flow meter and the coil. Right now I have a rag covering where the old hose went on this unit just to make sure that nothing goes into it. Any ideas?