HybridZ

280z cut out fixed

Nismo280zEd

OK i've had many posts for about 5 months on fixing my car. I think i finally fixed it today after replacing just about every sensor under the hood (guess it doesn't hurt anyways) my car used to run great for a week then crap the next, then it would limit the revs used to cut out then kick back on from 4k.. .then kept getn' worse over the months finally got to where i couldn't drive it over 2k. Put a new pickup coil in my distributor and WOW!!! what a difference.. after i took the old one out i could see it was scratched a bit. Hope this helps somebody. i know i would liked it

78 280z

good luck

Guest empracing

bingo bango i reckon you've just fixxed my car too

mine runs crap all the time i cant tune it and now its not firing much at all duz the magnet ring id broken in the guts of my electronic dizzy and well i think it shouldent be cos broken magnets change poliarity thanks for the idea now all i need is spare bits

Guest Anonymous

One thing I found out with the electronic distributors is NEVER seperate the magnets from their keepers for very long at all, the magnets loose all their magnetism and then the car will never start, happened to me and it took me a couple of weeks to figure out what I'd done wrong. Only way to fix it is to replace the magnets. Good luck.