HybridZ

building EFI L24

rayaapp2

I have started to tare down my 72 so that I could replace the E88 top end with a N42 and fuel injection. I know nothing about this fuel injection system and have little experience with the 280 series. I have a lot of Q's. I need to talk to somebody that has knowlege of the efi system. esp the vacuum lines and wiring harness.

thanks R240Z@juno.com

ScottyMIZ has adapted the 280z efi system over to his Mazda B2000 pickup truck, so I'm sure he could probably help you out as far as wiring.

You may even want to consider a 300ZX Z31 NA efi setup for your swap, but I'm not completely sure how well the system would deal with the lower displacement. The advantages would be ridding of the door type AFM to heated wire MAF, as well as more advanced computer, and even better gas mileage. The sensors required are simliar to that of the 280z efi swap with the difference being that you need the MAF, a `82-`83 280zx turbo distributor, and the coil igniter found in either the 280zxt, or 300zx.. Use the harness out of the 300zx as well as all sensor.

I'm running a 280zx turbo efi setup on my l24 with a P90 head, larger injectors, and a t3/t4 turbo. If you decide to go turbo and you get your hands on a 280zxt harness/computer then let me know, as I can help with the details.

Even if you don't go turbo you will enjoy the ease of efi, and fuel econemy. Get your hands on a Haynes manual for the model of car that you will be adapting the efi system from, the wiring diagrams definately help.