HybridZ

Short stroke V8

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hello all. I am new to the V8 scene but I am considering either a turbo L28 or a V8 in the '72 240. If I wanted to build a high rev short stroke V8, what would you guys suggest? I was thinking a 400sbc w/ a 350 crank etc... Any other ideas?

This topic has come up now and again; the 377 seems to be very intruiging to a lot of guys. Here is a link to just one of the threads:

http://www.hybridz.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=000712

Use the search function at the top right hand corner of your screen. Just type in something like 377, and you'll get more info than you can read in one day.

Also, try the AFR (heads) site. They have a build up of a 377 (or 350??) using a 400 block. A smaller crank from a 327 in a 400 block seems pretty cool. You would not be lying telling people it's a 350! icon_biggrin.gif

Davy

If its exact spec's you want for a 377; do a search on the net for, AFR 377 SBC, 377 Chevy or Chevy Performance V8...something of that nature & you should bring up more info than you can read in a lifetime.

One site I came up with, regarding SBC combo's & included a 377 was:

http://www.camaro.net/racing/sbcombo.html

This site is more of a component choice & briefly describes what each owner chose & gives 1/4 mile times they achieved w/the combo's...thought it was insightful. It also included 327, 350, 355, 383 & a host of 406's.

Enjoy the reading; I did.

Kevin,

(Yea, Still a 377 Dreaming Inliner)

Guest Anonymous

I've looked through the search and read the 377 posts. i think this is the route I'll go. i just wanted to see what you guy thought. Any help or advice you can give on the build up would be nice.