HybridZ

triumph spitfire

Guest Anonymous

Not that one! My friend back in high school broke the u-joints in his Spit with a mildly stock motor. I once owned a miserable Triumph myself. Will not do it again!

Unless you are a dyed-in-the-wool British car fan, I can say from experience: RUN AWAY! LEAVE AS FAST AS POSSIBLE! JUST GO! GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN! wink.gif

O.K. the 7 wasn't THAT bad, admittedly, and it was the one I owned. After contemplating a Chevy or Buick V6 swap for it from John's Cars, I decided that a Datsun Z V8 swap from JTR would be the way to go with all things considered.

• 3 weeks later...

Those little Spitfires are so cool looking. Back in the 70s my uncle bought a bunch of them - wrecked, crapped out or whatever. Fixed them up, drove 'em around and then sold them. That was basically his job for a few years.

Grassroots Motorsports did a Spitfire project recently. They put a rotary in it. It was set up for autocross (I think, lost my copy). They did quite a few chassis/suspension mods as well.