HybridZ

gm TPI throttle body adapter

grumpyvette

Grumpy,

Lonehdrider knows (I think so anyway) but is away for a while icon_sad.gif You might try to email him while he is out of state. (remember that his brother had a bad motorcycle accident and he is in AZ for a while). Look for his email address on one of his posts. Sorry I can't help much, but I know those things are out there.

Davy

Damn, YES, I've seen one. It was on a GN site as I recall but looking through the bookmarks on this computer I didn't see it. icon_sad.gif How quickly do you need it?

Also, have you considered making a sheetmetal elbow and using a Ford TB? This is how I'm going - elbow for under $100 I'm told. I've got a laptop that MIGHT have a bookmark for this but it's been acting flakey lately. I'll look as soon as I get a chance - ding me on my HotMail account if I've not posted back in a day or two.

Hrm, someone made one for the Ford guys too but it couldn't be turned to face forward (I tried). Argh, this is going to drive me nuts trying to remember where I saw it...

Here's the Ford unit - still looking... inject.jpg

Ah Ha! http://members.aol.com/bigturbo1/buick1.html

plen90mm.jpg

Found it in one of our ChevyTalk discussions. Unfortunatly it's NOT a GM type TB but it's the best I've been able to find. Is there a reaosn the Ford TB won't work for you? They're cheaper but I'd imagine you may already have some and cable routing might be an issue...

does anyone know of a source for an adapter (other than the one made by ACCEL)that adapts a gm TPI throttle body like the ones on the TPI L98 engines to a 4-barrel carb mounting pattern this is a 90 deg. adapter! ?????? one end of the adapter bolts to a 4-barrel carb mounting pad the other bolts to a twin bore GM throttle body. the buick GN turbo cars use something simular but not interchangeable

thats very close to what Im looking for but like I said it must fit a G.M. dual bore TPI style throttle body and bolt to a standard 4-barrel mounting flange,that adapter(I called the supplier) will not bolt to either, but hey ,very good try and no one else even came that close so far, thanks for the help!PLEASE KEEP LOOKING!

That bottom elbow won't bolt to a 4barrel flange?! Whew, glad I didn't order one!

Have you considered making one? The fabricator doing my intake conversion is supposed to make me a conversion elbow but for a Ford TB. A GM TB shouldn't be too much different should it? Is the Accel elbow simply too expensive or made from unobtanium? I seem to recall it was pricey but then all of the GM TBs, MAFs, and intakes for EFI seem to be awful expensive icon_rolleyes.gif Thankfully I'm not strapped to a GM TB icon_razz.gif