HybridZ

Airflow files for Desktop Dyno? How do it get em?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I want o do a more accuate measure to decide on a cam and I want to use the airflow and cam files to get a little closer. Someone previouly mentioed how to get the files and I can not find the post now. how do I get em?

Guest Anonymous

that is what I was looking for but the dart pro1 heads with the 200cc runners are not listed....just the 215 cc.

mine are the 200cc with 72cc chamber, 2.02/1.6 valves. 350 block with 3.8 stroke scat crank. steel bushed rods, flattop pistons, I was thinking of useing the Doug Herbert cam(solid roller)with .502/.502 but can't remember duration. I have the roller rockers, solid vertical locking roller lifters, going with victor jr. or team G. 750 holley unless I can get ahold of a BG.

I guess I have most of info I need except the cam specs. I want to be pushing between 450-500 ponies. Then I plan to drop a 150 horse juice kit on top.

Guest Anonymous

hey grumppy......I have made much more progress now but have another question. On my Dyno cam card I put in all specs I had available but there is an input I don't know what to do with. I put in the Lobe Center Angle but don't know what to do with Crank Centerline. Not sure how this will affect my numbers. I played around with cam numbers to get the most reasonable hp I could without sacrificing bottom end.

I am up to 498hp@6000 and 474ft.lbs.@5000

Can I give you all my numbers to run on your machine?

Guest Anonymous

also....do you know anything about using my 3.8 stroke crank in a 400 block. If I used bearing spacers I could bolt it in but I don't wnat $700 invested in custom pistons. What rod piston combo can I use to do this. Since I will have to modify my block for the larger stroke I thought maybe I would just use 400 block and get another 20 cubes or so.

Guest Anonymous

The 3.8" is the 350 crank? into a 499 block right?

Hot Rod Mag did an article on the 350 chevy should have built (bigger bore less stroke) that sounds similar to what you want to build they only made 400hp but their critera was alot different (Califoria wharehouse?? I think supplied the spacers/bearings)any way do a search for 400hp 350 in the post I think a few things have been covered there.

your engine sounds very interesting please do a post with your findings and cam selection

Zya

Guest Anonymous

Actually the 350 is a 3.48" stroke. A 3.8" stroke with a 5.7" rod and a 383 piston will yeild 388 cubes. The stroke of a 400 (383) is 3.75". So by puting my crank in a 400 block and boring .030 over I would get a slightly larger stroke, less bearing friciton from the mains, and somewhere around a 415 cid :eek:

Guest Anonymous

Sorry about the confusion about the crank. Definatly 6" rod would be the wat I would go on the 400 .....5.6" can't be good for performance.

Still interested in the 3.25" stroke 4.155" bore 350?

2500rpm 394ft/lbs...3800rpm 435ft/lbs.....5200rpm 400ft/lbs

all this on 87 octain gas and AFR190 heads and a milder Comp cams 270hr10!!!

Hot Rod June 97

Guest Anonymous

I think you are on track but slightly off.

327cid:

3.25" stroke

4" bore

5.7" rod

350cid:

3.48" stroke

4" bore

5.7" rod

400 cid:

3.75" stroke

4.125 bore

5.? " rod

a 400 block with a 327 crank and a 6" rod with custom pistons that are very high dollar will yeild near 353 cubes. Very high reving, low torque, high horses (only in high RPM band).

Grumpy???? is this all accurate.

the 400 sbc normally has 5.565" factory rods, a 3.75" stroke and a 4.125 bore.a 400 block bored .030 oversize(4.155") with a 3.25 stroke 327 crank, 6.125" rods(prefered) would get you 352.5 cid but most 327 cranks are small journal and putting them in a 400 block will require custom bearing spacers, a better swap is the 350s 3.48" stroke crank that with a 4.155 bore , 6" rods, that yields a 377.48 cid engine (thick bearings for this swap are available). or if your into spending big bucks use a aftermarket raised cam location block with a small base circle cam, a 4" stroke crank, 5.7" rod and a 4.155 bore to get a 433.89cid small block. while its true the long rod smaller displacement engine makes more hp per cid the 433 will make much more total torque and power over most of the rpm range.BTW a 433 with a supercharger only needs to turn about 5500rpm and still can make 600 plus hp/650ft lbs easily :D

Guest Anonymous

Also like John lingenfelter said in his book why build a special component 377/352 ect when the cubic inches of a 420 sb will kill the other special engines

Guest Anonymous

Hot rod built the 352 for $3000

Lingenfelter built the 420 using a 400 block punched out to the max on bore and stroke

almost custom everything,(rods,pistons crank,ect) sorry I don't have his book infront of me to give you #'s