HybridZ

Sweet new product in Jegs

Guest 73TPIZ

Guest 73TPIZ

I just saw in the latest jegs catalog(page #s end in L, May/June'02)a great new product. On page 208-L is an RF control center w/ a 4 button keypad that goes in place of your horn button and you can control up to 6 functions with it. It sends a signal to the brainbox you mount out of sight and you can turn on your headlights, timed turn signals, wipers, etc. it comes in different sizes in brushed or polished alum for different custom steering wheels. Just think how cool it would be to not have head, wiper, etc switches sticking out of the column or console. The website(jegs.com) doesn't give the details, just the price. its ~$200 w/o relays and ~$250 w/ 6 relay bank. this would be a custom touch for someone going the extra mile on their car. I probably should get my engine running before buying a $200 horn button though.... :rolleyes:

Guest Anonymous

Yep its in the new summit too (came tonight). The new Painless Wiring RF Control center.. looks like a painless kit indeed! Summit price.. $279 / 299 polished weird.gif . I always check both places. I found my fuel pump cheaper at summit. They seem to sway back and forth on pricing. Odd..

-980mak rockon.gif

Hey Owen--measure the hole for the horn button (if you have the wheel already)--according to the Painless catalog I've got, it says:

The Painless RF center fits most aftermarket wheels. (Grant, Lacarra, Billet Specialties, etc) the hole for the horn button in these wheels measures 3 3/16ths. The 3 1/2 inches and 4 1/2 inches referred to in the product description refer to the outside diameter of the RF center. The 4 1/2 version will cover the perimnieter bolt holes, while the 3 1/2 will not.

Then they also have the one for use with 5-hole Grant wheels.

So maybe it will work with your wheel?