HybridZ

Race Gas Comparison

Not sure if anyone will find this useful, but when I race I only run with race gas. Here is a chart I found on the web and dressed it up a little and sorted it in order of the Motor Octane (MON) rating. MON is the key octane rating for racing apllications as opposed to (R+M)/2 rating posted on the gas pumps.

Those of you running or considering running race gas might find this comparison useful. Especially note the specifications for VP C-16, rated as the best for forced induction. 117-octane is enticing but $7.50/gal, makes you choke. The 3 highlighted ones are what is available in this area other than at the track. The Sunoco Standard is $3.49/gal, so I mix it with the C-16 for about a 110 MON. Crank the boost up and hold on, without worrying.

Race Gas Comparison

I don't know what brand we have at the local station, except the cheaper one is torco. It is 110 leaded for 4.50 a gallon, and there is some 116 leaded at 5.00 a gallon.

I like that stuff. The more I mix with 93 super, the more tire spin I get as the boost comes up. Kind of fun to sneak up behind a pedestrian walking and break the tires loose going by them. Usually scares them. :D