HybridZ

So much room for turbo's

Okay, I have to ask - what boost are you planning to run with this?  I'm assuming that the Chinese GT35Rs claim to have the same compressor maps - if so, then they won't be particularly happy at low boost (<1.5PR).  Are you planning to intercool it?  If you plan to run where the turbos be happier (~2.0 - 2.5PR), you'll probably want to. If you do then it seems like you are going to be somewhere around 800hp (or higher).

Do you have a trans that can survive?

That's going to require a lot of fuel - what are you planning to do for a fuel system?

Trans will be a 4L80e, probably with paddle shifters. Boost will be in the 15-18psi range with meth.  15 PSI should be in the 600 whp range. I am switching to a single turbo for costs. Found a Turbonetics T-76 BB turbo local. Will see if he takes my offer.

Edited by Ryan Merrill

You might not like a paddle shifter. My 80e has a toggle manual mode with a pro ratchet shifter and the delay from the command to the shift is oddly long. I ended up setting up an rpm shift point. Setting the trans shift point at 6600 nets me almost a 7000rpm shift point

Have you mocked up the assecories? Would not want to route a hot pipe in a bad spot

Gas tank looks good there, nice fit

Edited by nathaninwa

You might not like a paddle shifter. My 80e has a toggle manual mode with a pro ratchet shifter and the delay from the command to the shift is oddly long. I ended up setting up an rpm shift point. Setting the trans shift point at 6600 nets me almost a 7000rpm shift point

Have you mocked up the assecories? Would not want to route a hot pipe in a bad spot

Gas tank looks good there, nice fit

Good to know about the delay. Does this apply to all the command boxes or just the paddle versions. Suggestion for the shifter would be appreciated. I wont be running any accessories other than water pump and alternator. Car has manual brakes and steering. Alternator is a low mount and I left extra room to keep the heat away.

I bet there is huge mechanical differences between the 60e and 80e. Mines rebuilt using Jakes stage 2 with all the internal th400 mods along with Jakes modified valve body with tranny brake. From what I understand of the 400, the clusters for each gear have to spin opposite each other. It's weird tho, no lag between gears, just delayed. This is using the controller in manual mode and auto mode. However, while doing a burnout in the box the shifts are instant. Might be an rpm thing. I said something to jake and he mentioned that it is normal for that

Edit. Maybe it is the transbrake valve body and fixed th400 line pressure setup. Shifts are firm and hard, just delayed from the command signal

Edited by nathaninwa