HybridZ

Holley DPs 'n' Edlebrock Manifolds

Guest Frank280z

Guest Frank280z

I'm currently running a Holley 650 dp with an Edlebrock Air Gap. The problem I have is that the vacuum port sits under the back of the carb. I placed a 1" spacer in there to fit a fitting but I had to rig it to fit. Can I install a plug? Get rid of the spacer? And grab the vacuum from wherever? Car runs great until I get on it. Half throttle the a$$ end is all over the road. Full throttle is like I'm hopping it on purpose.Cutting out. Weird. I'm ready to buy an Edlebrock 750. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Frank

------------------

Build it. Drive it. Improve it.

[This message has been edited by Frank280z (edited August 18, 2000).]

• 1 month later...

Does your carb overhang down in front of the manifold vaccuum outlet? If not you should be able to plumb some brass fittings to snake it down below the fuel bowl overhang?

I run a performer 600 and like it FWIW. Prior to buying it I checked around and was surprised but came across several independent 1/4 milers who'd had a hard time dialing a 750 in to work well and switched to the 600 and had no troubles. I know they fed up to 450hp'ish 383's so not worried about feeding my 350. my .02c cd:-)

Here's a good looking URL for tuning Holleys (can't find that holley thread) http://www.bob2000.com/carb.htm