HybridZ

turbo manifold question

AZGhost623

I found this old post which is exactly what I was looking for, but it didn't answer all my questions. The guy who posted it also hasn't been around in several years once I checked his account info and his youtube to talk about performance over what he had stock.

On the stock setup, as you know, 4 cylinders are trying to squeeze past one hole as it enters the collector.  As far as relocating it, my largest concern would be the integrity of the manifold where the new collector would be located and of course modifying everything else to work with the relocation as pointed out in the original posters post.  If a turbo support was used I assume it would help a lot.

I also assume this would help a lot with scavenging and the exhaust pulse all being on the same side (with exception to  cylinders 2 and 5 being on opposite sides needed.) But looking at that dodge diesel intake manifold, it doesnt seem like thats a big concern since its done the same way.

Has anyone else done this mod before? Can anyone else offer some insight on performance over just a regular porting of the manifold? Its seems like there are more benefits that cons from what I can tell.

Thanks!