HybridZ

SDS Gurus - question

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Let me rephrase.

I have the three magnets mounted on my balancer (this is not a Z-engine, BTW) 120 degrees apart.

I set the engine to TDC. Using existing holes in the timing cover, the best location for the hall effect sensor is not quite at the 80 degree mark past one of the magnets. It is more like 90 degrees.

Because of the layout of the timng cover it would be very hard to move it down any further to get it near the 80 degree mark.

Any opinions?

------------------

Jack Collins

72 240Z

66 Mustang Coupe 250/AOD

Click Here to visit the Ford Six Cylinder Performance Forums!

there should be 4 magnets- shouldnt there.??.

one is placed further out on the balancer as i believe it needs to be at 80 exactly..

call ross if your unsure..

Mike

Guest LoFlyingZ

Are you talking about the sensor pickup or the magnets? I think the pickup can be placed anywhere. It is the magnet placement that is the critical thing. The first magnet has to be at 80 degrees BTDC. This is all from my recent reading of the manual I may be off somewhere in left field. I'll have to read some more later this evening to make sure. Anyone else have a sure answer?

------------------

worlst@hotmail.com

Guest LoFlyingZ

Ok! Helps when you read everything through a couple of times. SDS's website is at www.sdsefi.com/emanual.htm smile.gif It has a full discription on how to mount the magnets. Basically what they advise is to locate the Hall sensor first and THEN measure 80 degrees advanced of that point when the 1 cylinder is at TDC. If your magnets are already placed then you have to place the Hall sensor 80 degrees advanced of the first magnet when the no. 1 cyl is TDC.

If you don't have the sensor placed at 80 degrees advanced I suspect the timing will be way off and correction might not be possible.

i dont have sds but from reading on the website you can adjust the offset angle of magnet on the programmer if you know the angle that you mounted it at.maybe try reading more of owners manual-i am just guessing.the reason they mount it ahead is to give ecm time to fire #1 if you program in a lot of advance.