HybridZ

Injector Style & Selection

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I am working on a new fuel rail for the L6 and plan to use the o-ring seal on both ends so that the injector is held in place by the rail. None of the isolation blocks or screws on the stock setup will be needed.

There is a new injector style that has a totally plastic body and doesn't have the "fat" part in the middle like the stock units. O-rings are still 14mm and the plugs are the same.

Anyone have experiences with the plastic injectors?

I have pics at http://www.ideal-z.com/technical/injectors.htm

Craig

Guest Anonymous

Guys, I have not been able to find really comprehensive info yet, either. The best, which is pretty good, is at www.autospeed.com

They have a very good injector list there.

I have been dealing with an Australian company at www.efimotorsport.com

The person I have been dealing with is Jamie. His injectors are reasonably priced and he seems to stock most everything. The best deal that he has is the Malpassi adjustable fuel pressure regs starting at about $90 and maxing out around $120. Stateside sources have quoted me prices that are 3 times that! The best thing is that Jamie has helped me as much as possible instead of acting annoyed with the emails.

Craig

Guest Anonymous

OK. I have decided to order the new, all-plastic housing Bosch injectors with 14mm o-rings on each end. These will be used on my NA Z car if I ever make up my mind about an engine management system.

The injectors are high impedance and came in at $50 each delivered. Not bad.

Also ordering the Malpassi adjustable, rising-rate regulator for $90. I can't wait!

Craig