HybridZ

Help! wiring question.

Guest zfan

Guest zfan

Hey guys, Got a question for the wiring pros.

Im currently installing a painless 12 circuit fuse box. Bad name for it, more like pain in the butt. Anyway does any one know what wires/color wires are the ignition acc. and main ignition wires? My car is a 1971 240z. The scematic I have is screwed up and have found varius screw ups already.

By the way, has anyone else installed this box themselves? If so does anyone have a copy of the wiring set up?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Zfan/Mike icon_confused.gificon_sad.gificon_confused.gificon_mad.gif

Hi, Zfan

I just did the pain in the rs 12 fuse box and yes, what a pain.

Mine is a 72 and the blue and red main from switch to panel and the black and white was the ignition and black and yellow the starter. I thingk the white and red is the acc.

I worked on this for about two weeks.

I hope this helps.

Good luck

Adam

Guest zfan

Adam, by any chance did you keep a record of the wires that you hooked and to where. Reason Im asking is if you could can I get a copy of how you have it wired as Ive had nothing but problems with it.

I called techline for painless and spoke to them for thirty minutes and seemed to have most everything straight from what the tech told me. He didnt seem to sharp though.

Car will crank but no fire and horn doesnt work know but with hot wire from battery it does? and accessories are a little out of whack. My original fuse block was partially fried and no replacements are out there.

I called Motorsport, British, and courtesy Nissan and all said they are not making anymore. MSA said they are working on a replacement but could be six months to a year. Oh boy! Any help would be appreciated. Mike icon_biggrin.gif

For the horn there's a relay in the passenger side I believe...my problem was that the little metal arm on the steering column wasn't reaching all the way to the connector on the steering wheel.

We should start an "electrical" forum....

I need help with my wipers too icon_smile.gif

What I'm currently doing at home is to make the Chiltons and Haynes diagrams more readable. I scanned them in and am zooming in with Photoshop at like 6000% to clean them up. Adding colors too!

Then I'm either gonna print out like 500 sheets and tape them together or take it to a printer and have them print me out a poster.

(Like the one that comes with the factory manual sold at MSA, which is "no longer available"...so why advertise it?!)

Owen

Owen

What's wrong with the wipers? I've got a handful of motors thanks to an E-Bay auction and a parts car if you need one icon_smile.gif Can't say they absolutely work but.... Have some rear view mirrors like that too all boxed up. Been hoarding and buying some parts from E-Bay for awhile now.

DUDE! So that's where all the parts have been disappearing too! Nothing's is wrong with mine, I know they work(ed) just cant figure out how to hook them back up after installing the new wiring harness. I must've misplaced the INT relay.

Owen

Guest zfan

Adam, where did you hook up white wire that goes from old fuse box to aameter+ and looks like to regulator as well? As far as ignition wires go Ive got the red/white wire going from ignition to ign. switch accessories. The Blue/red wire goes from ignition to Altenator Ignition B+. Black/white wire was connected at old fuse box is now hooked to Ignition switch B+. Ive got Fan, fuel pump, headlights, flashers, interior lights, trans selector plus hook up powered up. No brake lights, thats next!

Well Any Ideas as to how far Im off would be appreciated. Well back to the wiring grind. icon_mad.gificon_mad.gif Oh well could be worse as I am on my second motor in this thing but lets not even go there!! Mike icon_eek.gif

Check E-bay for fuse blocks. I've got a "spare" that might or might not fit yours but I'd prefer to hang onto it for now unless you really can't find one. I hope to NOT fry mine when startup time comes but ya' never know(

Guest Locutus

That is the same thing I am doing as well Owen. I am going to print them out on multiple sheets of paper and glue them together and get them laminated so I can use dry erase markers to follow a circuit and then erase when I am done.

Mike