HybridZ

JPG of my timing curve

I made this JPG file of my timing curve for Ron and thought I would share it. It is roughly dialed in and I am sure it could be further tweaked. I am not recommending this much advance under boost unless you have a decent intercooler and upgraded turbo that is more efficient at higher boost levels. It is moreso intended to give an idea of how to formulate a curve for a turbo setup. All motors will be different, but this is generally a good curve although slightly more aggressive under boost.

adv.jpg

BTW, you will see in my timing curve that I drastically take out timing when I hit boost. There are 2 modes of thinking when tuning. Less timing and less fuel or more timing and more fuel. I was speaking with TIMZ and he runs alot more timing than me at low boost, but he also runs more fuel, probably in the 12.5:1 range where I am in the 14:1 range. I will probably opt to add more timing in this area when my motor is finished and add enough fuel so it does not ping trying to keep it in the 13:1 range.