HybridZ

Stock Fuel Pump

I have been reading a lot of posts here it seems that you guys have all the answers. I just got my JTR manual and yanked the six out. I'm planning on a used stock 350. If I run a flow through regulator shouldn't the stock fuel pump in my '75 be sufficient. JTR says it's inadequate in a 260, but it does not specificaly mention the 280. What about the 280 pump? It seems to me that it should work considering that it's a high pressure pump, but I am a rookie.

EFI pump on a carb applicaiton? I don't think that will work too well! The pump will be madly circulatingheating th efuel while the cab sips what little it needs. A recipe for heat and aeration if you ask me. Also the regualtor might be overwhelmed by th epump and end up pouring gas into th ecarb but that's a guess.

Anyone tried this? am I nutz or might this work? icon_confused.gif

I don't think it will work. The pump will be trying to generate high FI pressure and run into the fuel regulator for only what, maybe 7 psi?? It will burn out the pump I would think. I could be wrong, but I don't think so. I think JTR showed a Holley (?) pump in the manual--there is a reason they did not go with the factory pumps...

Davy

Thanks for the replies. I just wasn't sure why it wouldn't work. I want to get this thing right the first time, but I am on a budget. from the posts I've read it seems that there is more preference for the Carter pump, but i guess that depends on who replies. I'm sure I'll be back with more questions as the project progresses.